SHORESOX™ Erosion Control
How it works video
7 - 10
Ease of Installation
Fill the containment system with locally grown organic fill material such as corn stalks, pine straw, oat straw, compactable (fertilizer- free) vegetation compost etc…
Roll the SHORESOX™ fabric over the organic fill material so as to completely enclose the material and encompass the shore bank.
Place and partially secure the empty SHORESOX™ containment system in its intended location.
The SHORESOX™ system is simple to use. Installation can be accomplished by almost anyone. The process does not require the use of complex, destructive or costly equipment or machinery.
Using common hand tools, SHORESOX™ installation is completed a follows:
Secure SHORESOX™ to the firm soil of the shore bank or hillside using the patented anchoring system. Then imbed native plants into the SHORESOX™ material.
Note: SHORESOX™ can be used in conjunction with many “hard armoring” systems that may already be in place (for example, stone rip rapping) in order to provide the important advantages of filtering and buffering.
There are 2 layers of 5’ long SHORESOXTM that float in the water; even 4 years later again, show no signs of degradation. The SHORESOXTM has become covered in a layer of sediment, where some plants (grasses and small shrubs) have taken hold. The slider turtles routinely haul out on these for sun.”
Nora Egan Demers, PHD
Florida Gulf Coast University,
Associate Professor of Biology and Interdisciplinary Studies
We have installed over 1000 linear feet on lake banks at different locations at Tiburon Golf and Country Club. Six years after our first installation, the system has proven to be highly effective.
Lou Conzelmann, CGCS
Director of Golf Course Operations,
Tiburon Golf Club
installation of SHORESOXTM would NOT require a permit from our agency.
There is nothing in the product design or placement method that would be prohibited or regulated by our criteria and it would be considered maintenance.
Jeff Gronborg, P. E. Supervising Engineer
Environmental Resource Compliance South Florida Water, Management District Office
• Bioengineered, Eco-Friendly & Effective (click for details)
• Immediately halts soil erosion and stabilizes shorelines and hillsides
• Long lasting results that continue to improve over time
• Superior buffering and filtering results in improved waterways and ecosystems
• Biodegradable and photo-degradable materials naturally degrade over a planned period
• Exceptional water retention and wicking properties for vigorous growth of new vegetation
• The only erosion control system that encompasses the shore bank and integrates into the shore bank literally
becoming part of the earth.
• Open Design System – Optimum Flexibility (click for details)
• Patented Safe Anchoring System (click for details)
• Attaches directly to “intact” shore bank NOT to unstable shore bed
• Provides for backfilling of additional growth fill materials and new vegetation
• Allows SHORESOX™ to be re-tensioned whenever necessary
• Subsurfaces/ below ground stakes virtually eliminates injury liability to humans and animals
• System actually “self-tightens” due to its ability to manage incredible weight displacement
Please Contact Us With Any Questions!
Copyright © 2015 Diem Design, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.